Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Proof that we create our own reality

In a burst of optimism and that exquisite joy that often comes to visit in autumn, I posted below about that intense feeling of being alive I love so well.

Just so you know I've not entirely lost my marbles in saying that this feeling comes to visit aided by a sense of goodness in the world, I am most assuredly not unaware of the state of our nation and of the world. I am heartened, however, by the words of Keith Olbermann in his impassioned monologues calling for, among other things, our president to extend an apology to the American people for his recent rose garden speech.

His words are powerful and so refreshing ~ like the cool breezes and crisp mornings these days ~ because we've been so long without someone publicly speaking the truth about our would-be emperor who has, in my humble opinion, been naked for years while parading about as if clothed in fabric of gold. The media has been cowed by our current administration, as have been the voices of dissent in our society. Mr. Olbermann's words give me hope and hope brings joy.

For a moment I can believe that our republic is not lost after all, that our freedoms will survive intact and that we will emerge from this crisis state a better people more appreciative of the magnificence that is our Constitution and our land.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger V'ron said...

The line that got me was "It is always acceptable to think." That somebody said that is heartening, that somebody needs to say that, is, well, scary.

September 20, 2006 8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't it though? i never 1984 would become a reality, but it seems we're nearly there. . .

September 20, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

My mom reminded me this morning that the elections are coming up. I have hope too.

September 21, 2006 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home