Thursday, October 04, 2007

do something today for Burma

Go here and sign this now if you care about the disaster in Burma. Even if you sort of care or are too numb by other world disasters, please take a minute to sign the petition HERE at Avaaz.org and tell your friends.

Brion from New Zealand wrote to me about this and provided the link to Avaaz and the opportunity for action. Thank you, Brion. Doing something is better than doing nothing and one of the awful things about this whole ugly mess is feeling so helpless while our world governments could help, but won't.

If you have a blog or an email list, please pass it on. Sometime soon (I hope), when this nightmare in Burma hasn't got me so distressed, I will tell you all the so-funny-I-wet myself story Brion told me via email. It was the best laugh I've had in months and months. Sign. Please.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

signed.

Cindy in CO

October 04, 2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

You can also do this through Moveon.org

Here is the link:
http://pol.moveon.org/burma/?r_by=11316-1872864-LzXSB9&rc=paste

October 05, 2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Signed. It's the very least I can do... and sometimes it feels like so very, very little.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd ever have the courage to protest in the streets if I lived somewhere where it could get me imprisoned, tortured, or killed. Shudder.

October 05, 2007 1:12 PM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

Done. Not because I'm convinced it will make a difference, but because you asked so nicely. Thanks for getting me off of my figurative lazy ass about this.

Hi, still numb.

October 05, 2007 5:35 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the link. Signed it, sent it on to friends. Given the global politics of Myanmar and that end of the world, I'm sad to say I agree with red7eric. But it's always better to stand up and do something, anythig, than to shrug your shoulders and do nothing.

October 07, 2007 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home