Thursday, December 25, 2008

christmas

Home, family, laughing, singing carols, Lutheran hymns, crown roast and stuffing, hot chocolate and Christmas lights, tree in the avenue, quiet house, childhood bed, silky sheets, absolute silence. Content. Church, singing, Nicene Creed, communion, body and blood, it's still in my head and my heart, call and response, creeds and liturgy, still alive. Daddy's hand in mine, Silent Night in German, candles, warmth, love, happy as I've not been in too long. Gorgeous day, brilliant sunshine, more family, more love, shrimp! Nap with the puppies, love from the husband. Companionship, joy, heaven.

This was a perfect Christmas. I hope yours was as well?

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger LSL said...

Wonderful, Belle, wonderful. Merry Christmas to you!

December 25, 2008 9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww...it makes me glad that you had a great day m'dear friend! ;)

December 25, 2008 10:06 PM  
Blogger David said...

Good for you Lynette! Lots of family and food here too, plus napping with the schnauzers and out to a movie tonight. Good all around.

December 25, 2008 10:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow...that brought back a lot of memories...and this year, was really nice too...

December 25, 2008 11:46 PM  
Blogger Willym said...

as always you capture what is in the heart and put it into words. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Buon Natale e auguri..

Baci

Will and Laurent

December 26, 2008 4:19 AM  
Blogger evilganome said...

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! Napping, reading and then dinner with good friends here. Merry Christmas, Lynette!

December 26, 2008 4:42 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Your rundown sounds lovely and sweet. It's a fantasy that someday I'll share a holiday like that with you and our best blogbuddies.

My Xmas with family was very nice and the day just flew by. I'm enjoying being in New Jersey -- in my case there really is no place like home. Hugs, darling.

December 26, 2008 8:53 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Sounds heavenly.. Happy New Year!

December 28, 2008 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was lovely - full of laughter and life - some tears for our mother but we made it through. Happy New Year to you and yours hon - your posts (and comments) make me laugh - and think.

December 29, 2008 8:51 AM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Well, I had a nice day by myself.

December 29, 2008 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely commentary and a lot of it rings a bell of nostalgia for my childhood. I'm Chris' Mom, Phyllis.

December 30, 2008 1:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Girl...you've been tagged! Check it out....

December 31, 2008 12:58 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I promise to never do this to you again!

December 31, 2008 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home