Thursday, August 17, 2006

The day's stats

1713 calories
683 burned through exercise
85 ounces water

My trainer abandoned me mid-June to go on vacation. She was gone for three weeks and just about the time she was to return, I got into my hormonal homicidal whatever-the-hell-it-was whackiness that added 10 pounds and took away the desire to do anything besides vegetate.

I got back with her for the first time this morning at (gasp) 7 a.m. and it was fabulous. I may become an early morning exercise convert. I felt energetic and it went well and my legs and arms feel like rubber. I've lost a lot, muscle-wise, which she assures me will come back quickly, more so than the lost aerobic capacity. Another fitness lesson learned: what comes on slowly departs with rapidity.

But the really cool thing is at 9:00 this morning, I'd already burned 682 calories for the day. Thursdays are my busiest day at work, and the longest; always a struggle to get to the gym on Thursdays. Very nice to have had it done and not hanging over my head.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Good job on getting back with the trainer. 7 a.m.?! People are awake then? And they already slept for the night?!

"Another fitness lesson learned: what comes on slowly departs with rapidity" - unless we're talking about those pounds, am I right? Haha.

Thanks for the comment. I'm new here too so I don't know if there's a protocol, but I would be thrilled to be added to your links. FB added me when I was brand new so I don't think there's any procedure regarding that.

Oh, I also wanted to say - about that rubber legs feeling - most people complain about soreness or achy muscles, but I LOVE THAT FEELING. I know, I'm a weirdo.

And just because I want to use this contraction on you: Y'all have a good one!

August 18, 2006 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home