Thursday, August 24, 2006

Inspired

I am always on the lookout for sources of inspiration: books, magazines, essays, movies, television programming (though I am easily convinced to watch my life away and so limit that severely). I find inspiration in nature ~ moonlight, the tender green of my perennial garden in the spring, the feel of the air on my skin as the seasons change. Anything at all that connects me to this moment in time and makes me aware of what a glorious life this is lifts me up. I have come to crave that feeling and it seems in the presence of that exhilarating aliveness, the urge to overeat recedes.

The most recent inspiration I've found ~ and so readily accessible! ~ comes from Inspired: The Movie. The opening words on the website are: "The first step in unlocking your limitless potential is the willingness to change everything . . . open your mind." Yes indeedy.

I have explored every corner of this site and am so touched by the interviews with people who are struggling with weight and food. I can't wait until this is released in, I believe, 2007. Meanwhile, check it out and gain some strength and inspiration. It's wonderful.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger FatMom said...

I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the tip, BAB!

August 24, 2006 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lynette!

Thanks for the nice words! :) I will update the media section with more interviews to keep things interesting for ya!

Thanks again. We each can play a role in inspiring other people around us every day - I love checking in on your blog to see how things are going!

Steve

August 24, 2006 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home