Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A whisper of fall

Opened the back door to let the puppy out this morning and was met with the crisp, cool air we normally associate with October. What a joy! I love fall, my favorite season of all, and this gift coming at the end of August is wholly unexpected.

I have wondered how much of my malaise has been due to the heat and misery of one of the hottest summers on record. Upon meeting the cool of the morning, I was instantly seized with the idea that I'd walk around the block a couple of times on the way to work, walk another trip or two around the block on the way home for lunch and again, going back. I suspect there's a strong association with feeling confined and out of sorts due to the heat and blazing sun and this affliction of blah.

I am renewed! Let's hope it lasts. There's always a psychological lift that comes on September 1, just to know that we've survived another bout in hell.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year too. I love it! I have noticed the nice crisp mornings on my way to work. However we are still having hot evenings. I am looking for to September and hikes in the mountains as it cools and the leaves turn.

August 29, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Manie said...

..Jumping on the bandwagon I agree that Fall is the season of seasons! I mentioned in my blog that this summer will be my last one being this big. Its dreadful walking around in the summer being over 300 pds. I exercise with walking tapes but like you once this heat subsides I can't wait to walk in park and watch the leaves turn colors. -Sunshine

August 29, 2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

Right outside my bedroom window I can see leaves changing already. Fall is my very favorite season. Ahhh, so refreshing!

August 30, 2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger Crazy In Shreveport said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 31, 2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger Crazy In Shreveport said...

It has even cooled a bit here in Louisiana. Wednesday morning when I came home from work at 4:30 am there was a big fat spider spinnning a web in the corner of my bathtub -- a sure sign autumn is around the corner.

I like your new blog.

Kathryn

August 31, 2006 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home