Sunday, September 10, 2006

I love this . . .

"We want the spring to come and the winter to pass. We want whoever to call or not call, a letter, a kiss--we want more and then more of it. But there are moments, walking, when I catch a glimpse of myself in the window glass, say, the window of the corner video store, and I'm gripped by a cherishing so deep for my own blowing hair, chapped face, and unbuttoned coat that I'm speechless: I am living..."
Marie Howe, from What the Living Do

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL quote. Love it.

September 11, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Very nice.

September 11, 2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That is beautiful! I am going to read "What the Living Do" as soon as I find out if it is a book, article or whatnot.

Melissa

September 13, 2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

Melissa ~ it's a book of poetry. I ordered the first time I came across this quote. It's beautiful work, but has a great deal to do with the author's experience of childhood sexual abuse. I assumed from this quote that the entire body of work would be of this type and it's not. She's very talented and has overcome much in her life.

September 14, 2006 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home