Tuesday, October 24, 2006

No, no, no, no, NO!

Food does not make it better. Food does not make it better. Food does not make it better.

There. I wonder if I could get it tattooed on my right hand, the one that reaches for relief? Amazing how much better I feel just a couple of days clean. Amazing. Night and day. Whole different person.

Food does not make it better; it's the big lie, the thing that seduces me with a promised comfort and provides just a brief bit of numbness, then leaving me with the feelings of loss and disappointment and frustration and and and and . . . .

Um . . . I don't think that's typical. I don't see folks on the commercials eating Oreos and becoming despondent. Since that is for me the aftermath to the consumption of a bag of Oreos, does that make me a food addict? Ya think? (Note to self, sense of humor returning, good sign.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belle's back...and she brought her sense of humor!

I had that day today too, Lynette, where I had to consciously hold and prevent the steering wheel from turning the car into every fast food den of iniquity between the office and the gym. Funny how the ride home after the gym didn't find itself laden with temptations...Apparently all that crap they hand us about exercising elevating our moods and increasing our endorphins is actually true. How annoying.

Keep fighting the good fight.

October 24, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Vic said...

Bigassbelle, don't ever give up. I've been fighting the fight all year, losing a pound here, gaining a pound there.

Go to my latest post and you'll see that we'd have been HOT HOT HOT a couple of hundred years ago.

October 28, 2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home