Saturday, November 18, 2006

Life is so intrusive

How is a girl to get anything done for herself with life always getting in the way? Sometimes I feel like such a baby because I go and go and go and then I start feeling a little weary of it all. Start thinking of that sun-filled upstairs single room in the old Victorian rooming house in some unnamed southern town in the Smokies. Imagine my four hour a day coffee shop waitress job, how divine it would be to work a bit and be done with it, have no one else to deal with or take care of. Just free and quiet and by myself in heaven.

Whaaa whaaaah. Ugh. I am whining because I have to go to Mazatlan in a week. Family members will be arriving all of this week in preparation for Thanksgiving. The boys at the shop are useless without pretty constant direction. I hate to fly. We're behind at work and no real time, as crazy as it sounds, in the next eight days to catch up. And I have not been to the gym because of all this stuff. It's frustrating. Somehow I have to turn all of this around and get grateful.

My gratitude list: personal health, husband's survival and stable health, wonderful family, great business, sweet nest of a home, precious animals, good finances, good friends, the sun is shining, I'm eating healthy even if I can't get to the gym today, I could help a stranger and did. Suggestions, anyone, beyond read and reread?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Debbi said...

This, too, shall pass. It always does. And when life gets back to "normal," whatever that is, you'll wish you weren't so bored!

Or at least that's what happens to me. Enjoy your holiday ... work always waits.

November 19, 2006 5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just here to say "dude, you stole a perfect name for me that I hadn't thought of." I am literally a big assed blonde named Belle and live in the South as well!

I used to say "life intruded" whenever I'd screw up in college. But I was just at college at the wrong time. Hmm.
Thank goodness it is true that this, too, shall pass!

Big-assedly yours,
Belle

November 19, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Mazatlan? If I HAD to go to Mazatlan for Thanksgiving I'd be jumping up and down for joy.

Whatever the boys screw up while you're gone, you can fix. There is always more to do at work. At some point you just stop, hit the gym, feel better and go home.

November 20, 2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

Your gratitude list is brilliant. The whole being-grateful-for-what-I-got vibe is always the best way for me to get through "stuff." If you have two hours over the next eight days, order The Diary of Anne Frank from Netflix, tune in, and then just try to feel overburdened by life.

All in all, most of us have got it pretty good -- but very few of us take time to reflect on our good fortune. Sounds like you're on the right track.

November 20, 2006 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 03, 2006 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in car insurance
free online car insurance quote
florida car insurance
aaa car insurance
washington car insurance
instant car insurance quote
norwich union car insurance
car insurance chicago
car insurance policy
car insurance dallas
nj car insurance
car insurance
aig car insurance
diamond car insurance
car insurance group
car insurance broker
texas car insurance
diamond car insurance
car insurance comparison
affordable car insurance
geico car insurance
classic car insurance
diamond car insurance
car insurance group
mercury car insurance
compare car insurance rate
online car insurance rate
cheapest car insurance
car insurance chicago
florida car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
car insurance group

January 16, 2007 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home