Saturday, December 30, 2006

Boot Camp Day 2

Can I just say oww fucking ouch this hurts? This is pain and it's self-inflicted not due to the exertion today, but rather due to my having slacked off three months ago. Ouch. That hurts in more ways than one and not just physically.

Nevertheless, I did it: 30 minutes on the elliptical, a serious lower body workout, crunches. I'm going to add three crunches a day for the next 30 days, the length of my personal Boot Camp. I hate them so much but desperately need to work on core strength.

Today's workout mix was djSteveBoy's selection from September 15, This is How We Roll. Nice mix. I had a moment or two of losing myself in the beat and the effort of my body. That was a nice reminder of where I used to be and, blessed be this so forgiving so abused body of mine, can be again.

I have 30 days until Florida, 30 days to get back into frisky mode so I can walk the beaches with my pumpkin. In honor of the upcoming beach time, and as an antidote to the cold wet gloom that has descended on Tulsa, I found this photo of Caladesi Island, which will be our first stop. Day two. Done.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Seven said...

Good for you, girl. I'm with you in spirit. I resolved to spend every day on my elliptical once I got back from the Christmas orgy of assorted foodstuffs and chocolate peanut clusters, but came down with a cold as soon as I landed. Are you supposed to exercise with a cold?

Anyway, good for you -- can't wait to read about your progress.

December 31, 2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home