Sunday, December 31, 2006

Boot Camp Day 3

Hard to type this one, as I just returned from my upper body workout and 30 minutes on the elliptical and my arms are weak. Crunches + 1 for 3 sets of 16 reps (I know, candy ass, but I'll be at 3 sets of 40+ reps when Camp is done and I don't want to hear from those of you doing hundreds a day ~ yet, anyway).

My gym is remodeling and it's packed because everything's squished to one side. Parking lot was full, all 20+ ellipticals were full except for one. It was almost as if the heavens opened to reveal that one. single. elliptical. crosstrainer. just for me. And today! Today was heavenly!! It felt like the old days: filled with energy, enthusiasm, pushing myself, ending up with that euphoria that I find so addicting.

Today's music was djSteveBoy's That Gets My Heart from June 2, 2006, plus a little Pigeonhed in the form of Battle Flag, which never fails to rev me up and which I repeated a couple of times because it's just kickass. It occurs to me that this is the first day back on my anti-dementia/alzheimer's/inflammation regimen of supplements; maybe that made a difference too.

This belle does not question good fortune. I am happy that it's getting easier and that there's a good chance it may actually become fun again. Six of those holiday puff pounds are gone since Wednesday and I feel blessed. In the words of Pigeonhed, "I say hallelujah!" and a happy new year and the best of life to all of you in 2007. Day 3, done.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Belle! You can do it. You are fierce.

December 31, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger evilganome said...

Keep it up Belle! I'm using some of my Xmas windfall for some personal training. Whoo hooo. Maybe some day I'll have shoulders! You have a very Happy New Year and all the best 2007 has to offer.

January 01, 2007 5:41 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hello! I just found this blog via the Fat Fighters Directory. What a fantastic writer and weight loss inspiration you are! And being Southern Adjacent for most of my life, I laughed out loud at the explanation for your nickname. I can't wait to catch up on your archives and see what 2007 has in store for you. Best wishes and Happy New Year!

January 01, 2007 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevermind those bragging about 100 crunches a day, doing that many is nonsense anyway. People don't try to do 100 tricep kickbacks or 100 calf presses every day but for some reason everyone thinks that the abs are special muscles that you should work like a madman. They are not special, they need rest too, like any other muscle. So +40 crunches is just fiiine :)

January 01, 2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Go you for 30 minutes on the elliptical! I'm just happy if I can make it for 10 without either the phone ringing, toddler getting into something she shouldn't (or trying to "help" mommy), etc., etc., etc.

And that's awesome on your crunches!

January 01, 2007 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home