Thursday, January 11, 2007

Boot Camp Day 13 almost got away

Just to keep momentum, here to report that all went well at the gym, eating healthy, not enough water. Fuck! I feel like I'm drowning, and still not enough. Headache won't quit, worked too much, off to bed. It was fabulous reading the responses from yesterday and I am happy to know I'm not alone as there are so many like me.

My inspiration for that post, David, dropped by to say this, which just confirms that he is charming and sweet and good: . . . Third, I think I agree with your assessment that people are born with a certain temperment. While yours can lead to addiction, it also leads to an adventurous spirit and an ability to stand up to authority. While traditional vices hold little sway for me, I must be coaxed to draw outside the lines, take risks or challenge the status quo. I probably would have come out a decade earlier if I had your spirit.

I guess it's a trade-off. The grass is always greener, so revel in the gorgeous wild grassland of yourself and I will try and enjoy the meticulously manicured lawn of my own.


So there you go. All y'all vice-riddled sisters and brothers of mine, revel in your gorgeous wild selves; and the rest of you so admirably disciplined souls, enjoy your meticulously manicured wonderful lives.

Nighty night, folks. Ice is headed our way and the last time it hit us, we were without power for several days. We're tucking into our featherbeds and hoping it misses us.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger evilganome said...

Water. I have been told that with my new workout program I have to drink at least a gallon a day! Holy smokes. Between that and having to start a body building diet, I don't know. Sounds like you may have to change your name to Gym Bunny Belle.

January 12, 2007 4:06 AM  
Blogger tomvancouver said...

I keep trying to gain weight, must force myself to eat, I even thought of smoking pot, which I don't like becaue it makes me paranoid, but it does make me hungry. Of course, maybe if I stopped smoking a pack a day that could help too. I feel so much better about not having an unmanicured temperament after reading this, though.

January 12, 2007 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home