Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Boot Camp Day 4


Yesterday was my one day a week off. I had kind of hoped to make it an on day but the gym was closed. I've planned my off days for Sunday, and I'll probably begin taking in the 3:00 p.m. total body class because it's fun and a kickass workout.

Got up early to walk the puppy and ran into the most incredible fat yellow moon hanging about a foot above the neighbor's house. It was pitch black out and frost had crisped the grass. I wasn't expecting to see a mid-summer country moon just around my corner. Little blessings everywhere.

Coming back to the house, I turned around from making coffee to find my very sedate old cat kissing the little deaf dog. Sweet little nose-touch kisses all over Betty's face while she held absolutely still. She was frozen in mid-step, her head cocked and her eyes closed while she allowed Mo's gentle touch. Amazing, and a sweet reminder to take life's pleasures where we find them.

I don't get up early. Maybe I need to. So far, 2007 is full of unexpected delights.

Off to the gym at 10. Drinking water is the order of the day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Sounds like a good start to the day for you :-)

January 02, 2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

That was beautifully written, and very much true. I saw that same moon this morning when I woke up, but I didn't give it the same regard you did. I'm going to be more careful about that from now on.

January 02, 2007 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home