Friday, January 05, 2007

Boot Camp Day 7

Not as easy on the elliptical as yesterday, but I slacked off on water and that really makes a difference in how my muscles work. Ran through a fast lower body routine because my pumpkin's feet were suffering and the guys at the shop were just standing around. Nevertheless, got six separate routines with 3 sets of 15 on each and in each case worked to exhaustion. Crunches are getting harder at 20, we'll see how it goes today.

No moon to speak of, too misty. I love a single gray day or, perhaps, two. But in the cold wet wind I am thinking of the warmth of Mazatlan. The little deaf dog is sitting on my lap on a velvet blanket. My Mexican coffee is scenting the house. I have seven days back on track and I am happy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're quite the inspiration, Belle. :) As soon as my back quits twinging, I'm back on the exercise merry go round too. :) Hopefully, by Sunday for my first dance class of the year.

Travis

January 05, 2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger evilganome said...

I'm keeping tabs on you. Good work. I'll be in pain soon enough, my Xmas windfall is going to a trainer. BTW, I have put a link up for your blog on my blog. Hope you don't mind.

January 05, 2007 2:29 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Wow, I can't believe I missed a week of reading you and all this happened! Glad you are feeling so good in your skin.

January 05, 2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

How many crunches are you currently doing, and when did you incorporate them into your routine? I have mixed emotions about ab work, mostly because I despise it and it's awkward to do in the gym, but also because I wonder about building muscle under fat and making my stomach protrude even further.

I know a strong core is good for posture and for back health, but I'm always interested in hearing opinions from both sides of the abs/no abs argument. (Also, I want an excuse not to have to do them for awhile, so c'mon...enable me.) :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

January 05, 2007 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home