Wednesday, January 24, 2007

More

I have something cheery to say (that post up above), but since YouTube took down the absurd and hateful Donnie Davies video telling us all how "God hates fag," I wanted to provide another link to it for purposes of prayer. Or sending ugly thoughts, whichever. If you've the stomach for it, or if you just want to pray for this man who I suspect will be headed to the hot place, you can find the video below on the website of the alleged band, Evening Services.

This guy just can't have any brains. On his MySpace page, he writes this:

"Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Video on MySpace

Well friends, YouTube took down the video that Evening Service and I have worked so hard on. I don't know what hurts more; being censored because of my message or people making fun of my weight. Hopefully MySpace believes in freedom of expression more than Google does. Maybe China isn't the only country Google is censoring. ;-)

Spread the Word
Keep the Faith

Donnie D.

ps. If any of ya'll post the video anywhere else please tell us


Yes, I added the emphasis. It is sadly ironic that he's whining about his hurt feelings because of comments made about his weight, but he looks at the camera and says "if you're a fag, He hates you too." I figure he's got an IQ of about 65.

A link here is surely not what this sinner had in mind, but if you want to see the sniveling pudgy pink-shirted Donnie Davies tell you what God thinks, in direct contradiction to His insistence that we love one another, here you go. It's called The Bible Says on this website.

I had to email him. My office manager's out sick and I'm having to deal with email. I hate it and would much rather dick around, especially when I'm in a snit as I was yesterday. So I sent the cretin an email.

How can you make a video that says "if you're a fag, He hates you too?" How can you do that, to gays, to God? I am so ashamed to be a Christian and think that you imagine yourself one too.

lynette sxxxxxn

< donniedavies@gmail.com > wrote:
I am so sorry your conviction as a Christian is so flimsy to every say "I am ashamed to be a christian". Please have more resolve. The message is clear, love thyself, Lynette.

Donnie D.


what? I couldn't just let it alone . . .

You don't understand. I am ashamed to be a Christian if YOU profess yourself to be a Christian and yet make a video saying "if you're a fag, He hates you too," and "God hates fags."

How can you do that? Especially in light of this?

Matthew 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

lynette

___________

No response thus far. Hmmmm, maybe because there is no response. I have to fight the angry bad girl in me who wants to really fuck with this man. Houston's not that far.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger V'ron said...

I don't even call myself a "Christian" anymore. I haven't for years. Partly because I'm somewhat agnostic, but mostly because I don't want to be associated with these people who have hijacked the bible with their own hateful agendas. If anything, I refer to myself as a "person who is working to follow the teachings of Jesus of Nazereth." That pretty much covers it. Doesn't confirm/deny whether or not he was "son of god" or anything like that. Just says he had a lot of good things to say and I'm trying my best to practice them.

Ever see Woody Allen's "Hannah and Her Sisters"? There's a line from there I quote constantly, delivered by a character who's an angry, bitter (but spot on target) man, played by Max Von Sydow (who, ironically enough, once played Christ in one of those "Greatest Story Ever Told" epics from the 60s.) His character says, "If Jesus Christ came back today and saw all the b*$!$@it going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up." Amen.

January 24, 2007 12:52 PM  
Blogger SuMarie said...

I agree with you. And Houston is not too far from me either.

January 24, 2007 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynette: you are so right! This is the problem to the core. God doesn't have "hate" in his vocabulary. Did you notice in the video that he says he is experiencing temptation? It is so clear from his message that he is gay! Boil it down and you have a man who hates himself because he can't get rid of those "terrible feelings." I could write until my fingers are raw about this--but more than anything else, I kind of can't believe that we are giving it the time of day. In the grand scheme of things, how weighty do you think this guy really is in terms of baiting more followers? He doesn't seem too charasmatic to me at all. I say we wait for him to get caught in a tent with a young boy on a youth retreat out in the wilderness.

January 24, 2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger JMG said...

Lynnette, is there a way for you to get the IP of Donnie's responding email? Please forward his email to if you don't mind: joemygod@gmail.com

January 25, 2007 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh guys,

This is obviously a joke. It's very sharp satire aimed at the super religious right.

There are clues throught the whole thing; not only all the double entendres in the song lyrics (to enter heaven there's no back door, righteous man get on your knees, etc.) but also all the not so subtle homoerotic imagery in the video (pink shirt, moustache, candles, guys holding hands.)

Check out the website and look at the list of "gay bands." They list Frank Sinatra, and Elton John (really gay).

I don't know if you've ever seen Stephen Colbert (he's on after the Daily Show on Comedy Central). But he does this straight faced parody of the conservative political pundits. He's never one admitted that he's parodying anything, but it's clear from his over the top content.

The movie Borat used a similar, straight-faced parody technique.

If that's not enough evidence, Donnie posted a response video today where he says he can't help being fat. And that he has "urges" and was "born that way." (A spoof on what people say about homosexuality).

So don't get too upset about the "hater." He was making fun of the other guys. You just got duped along with them!

January 26, 2007 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home