Tuesday, January 09, 2007

On the 11th day of Boot Camp . . .

The Belle met the Gravitron again and the Gravitron almost won. I survived and whipped its ass, though, so all is well. Ran fast for 30 minutes on the elliptical, did an intense upper body workout and three sets of 25 crunches. Splitting up my weight routine has changed my life and my attitude about the gym.

On this second anniversary of my abandoning the real work world to become solely self employed, I am grateful to be able to just take off and go to the gym when I want without having to hurry or worry about a boss getting mad. Only thing I have to worry about is that the workers will dick around and they do. Oh well, can't have it all, but getting the gym done early feels pretty close.

I think I was a cactus in a previous life. I am having major trouble chugging water. Don't know if it's the cold or if I was a prickly thing in the 1800s, but today I will drink at least 64 ounces of real water in addition to my 32 ounces of coffee and two shakes.


This morning's moon was just about half of its former glory, distant, cool, but still beautiful.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

distant, cool, and beautiful, just like you seem from here.

I'm loving the workout process description -- I'm proud of you, and am being inspired by it.

January 09, 2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger evilganome said...

Okay Lynette, I am feeling challenged now. I start with the trainer tomorrow at my gym. We are going to talk about diet, shaking up my workout and I have a date with the calipers. Find out how I'm doing in the land of BMI. Gained 5 lbs. but my pants still fit, so it must be muscle. I am loving hearing about your boot camp, and it's an inspiration to me to move up to the next level.

January 09, 2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger TrixieBelden said...

Congrats on kicking the Gravitron's ass!

January 09, 2007 8:26 PM  
Blogger p.alan said...

You inspire me. If the gravitron wouldn't kick my butt, certainly all that fluid would!

January 09, 2007 9:47 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Your workouts have been incredible this week, and I stared at the Gravitron today and thought of you. You're inspiring me every day I get to read you...thank you!

January 09, 2007 10:36 PM  
Blogger tomvancouver said...

Hi Lynette, it's the blogger formerly known as MadGay, and sorry for not replying sooner about the here in Vancouver, but it's booming. I was away for awhile. Real estate is insane though, and we are taxed much higher than Americans, but it's a very safe city to live in and very beautiful.

January 10, 2007 1:20 AM  
Blogger tomvancouver said...

Ok, typed that too fast, I meant the economy and the job market are both booming. Are you still planning on visiting soon?

January 10, 2007 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home