Tuesday, February 13, 2007

grateful

The cold and life have me so cranky of late (I need chocolate!) that I'm all misdirected in my focus. I am grateful for:

sweet husband, healthier today
a cozy, warm home
good family relationships
great friends
the best dogs in the world and a juicy old cat
get to work for myself
good finances
garden catalogs in the mail
feather bed and flannel sheets
another trip on the horizon
sober
off sugar
i'm healthy
the hole in my soul that plagued me through my late '20s is gone
W can't be president again
never had kids
i get to laugh a lot
coffee with cream
hot showers from a 12" showerhead
fur-filled mittens
muscles that work
being old and feeling young

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that.
I have needed to focus on what I am grateful for, and you helped prod me in the right direction. It is below 20 and snowing a blizzard here in Chicago. The snow is drifting everywhere. and it looks just plain mean outside. I am warm. I have a job I love (photographing food). I have a nice warm home to go to, with an awesome partner, a big-fat-cat, and an amazing dog. I have my health, and people that love me. The thing I cherish the most today? I am commuting home on the metra train...

Tater

February 13, 2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Like Tater, I'm grateful to be indoors and happy that my husband's work got cancelled so he wasn't on the roads. I'm grateful for my home and my two kitties. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made out here in blogland too. :)

February 13, 2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Vic said...

You have your priorities right. As for me? Westminster Dog Show tonight.

Love the sheer loyal adoration of those pooches.

February 13, 2007 8:13 PM  
Blogger Debbi said...

What a great list. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

February 14, 2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

Great list, Belle. It's hard to remember to be grateful when it's cold as $h!t outside. Good on ya.

:-)

February 14, 2007 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always felt badly for cats who live in dog houses. They inevitably get juicy.

-Freddy in P'town

February 14, 2007 11:09 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Brag, brag, brag.

;-)

February 15, 2007 4:43 PM  
Blogger TrixieBelden said...

What a great post. It reminds me of a time about 7 years ago when I kept a little notebook on my nightstand and every night wrote down 5 things I was thankful for. I think that made a profound impact on my life. I can't figure out why I don't do it now.

February 15, 2007 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home