Monday, February 05, 2007

Nutritional Boot Camp

Nutritional boot camp begins today with a return to protein shakes for 30 days. The success of basic training at the gym convinced me that it's time to do this in order to clean up my sloppy eating habits.

No criticism is necessary. This is not a long-term solution and I know it. It's an intervention, sort of like taking an antibiotic for an infection. I have been infected with a casual attitude about food choices and I have been including sugary and highly processed foods as if I can successfully eat them. I am a sugar addict and I can't do it. The protein shakes ~ four a day, 220 calories each, nutritionally balanced and doctor prescribed ~ will be a means of detoxing from that poison.

The training instilled in basic boot camp continues with six days of working out, at least 30 minutes of cardio, alternate days of upper/lower body weight training, and those wretched crunches which I do believe are more effective done to perfection than done in quantity.

So there it is, another 30 day plan building on the success of the first 30 day plan. Four shakes, 100 ounces of fluids, exercise every day but one.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

How are you doing? I've now got full-time access to the internet instead of the 1/2 hour blocks of time at the library and I can't believe how that energizes my committment. I really need the regular check - in, and I'm a serious introvert - - -

I'm starting over, right after I go to the grocery store.

February 05, 2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Just be careful. I know it's doctor approved, but make sure your body is getting everything it needs. And when the boot camp is over it might be a good idea, if you haven't already planned this out, to have a "rest of your life" diet planned out to take you back into the world of eating.

February 05, 2007 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home