Thursday, March 22, 2007

three beautiful things

At Three Beautiful Things, Clare writes "Every day I want to record three things that have given me pleasure."

Maybe because I'm feeling remarkably cheerful today, I think that's a great idea, so here are three beautiful things from my life on Wednesday:

Taking a different route on the dogtrot yesterday, we encountered a redbud, a saucer magnolia and a pear tree, a trio of different sizes, all in full bloom, all in close proximity. The deep purple of the redbud, the creamy white and lavender of the magnolia and the white of the pear were so, so pretty together.

Deaf Betty escaped the area where we were throwing balls for the dogs. She ran like a streak for a bicyclist and was prevented from snagging him by a low wall at the edge of the park. The sight of this trim white dog running at top speed across the emerald green grass was truly beautiful. What a little athlete she is, and a rascal. And how ridiculous is the fact that I raced after her shouting her name. Deaf Betty.

Mike came in post-shower to show me his new muscles. They're popping out all over in response to the workout routines he started first of the year. I am envious of his testosterone level, but so grateful that my precious husband, who was so near death five years ago, is feeling fit and frisky and happy.

Knowing how I am, I doubt I'll do this every day, but it is really uplifting to reflect on what's right with the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Wow what a great post. I think we should declare a "three beautiful things" day every so often. and we all post our three things. Gratitude is a wonderful thing, but seeing or hearing other's beautiful things and gratitude is even better.

March 22, 2007 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Gratitude! I needed more of it today, I really need a meeting too. Thank you for putting my mind on track.

March 22, 2007 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home