Wednesday, April 04, 2007

hair and vanity

Bea tells the incredibly funny and charming tale of her recent trip to the hair place (that is "hell" in my lexicon), discusses her encounter with one of those 13 year old hair hellions, and asks "whatever happened to Dippity Do and orange juice cans?"

These ashy blobs are doing nothing for you she said, fingering my blobs like they were contagious. Your base color is also the wrong tint for your skin. What color is it she asked? My own I squeaked. "Ahh" was all she said. This child then took me in hand.

. . . Did I mention I am not good with my hair. I had a hair cap for twenty years because I did not want to mess with it. This new "do", I was to find out, required more care than a newborn. I will begin with product. Not products, product. Product turns out to be glue. It is called mousse, root lifter, volumizing foam and spray adhesive. I needed a recipe card to tell me how and in what order to apply all this gunk to my hair.

2 Comments:

Blogger rodger said...

Dippity Do...I haven't heard that term in many a year. I loved the smell of it when I was a kid. My mom, aunt and sis all used it. Of course I think everyone did in the 60's.

Mmmm, a fond memory!

April 04, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Vic said...

My hair is straight, thin, and lanky. Hot rollers will give it some lift but it won't keep a curl. I've tried everything and nothing works. Thanks for the idea of using juice cans!

And thanks for your commiseration about my dead computer. I am still waiting for the cable man to reinstall my Internet codes. Such is life.

April 05, 2007 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home