Tuesday, April 24, 2007

lesbians undercover

Having just come back from Padre, where I consumed significant quantities of abominable oysters and shrimp, I've got abominations on my mind.

At Faith of the Abomination, you can read "the story of two Evangelical lesbian women who were promised inclusion in the church, only to be thwarted at every turn. Feeling lonely and frustrated, they decided to change their outside package and joined an Evangelical church as man and woman. They were accepted immediately and soon became members of the church's inner circle. However, what they found there strayed far from the teachings of Jesus..."

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the fake christians who espouse hatred of others as a cause for action. Here's a taste of the upcoming documentary by these two Christian women:



I think this is important. To that end, I've just made a donation to help get this film into general circulation. Perhaps you will too?

6 Comments:

Blogger thrilled said...

My boyfriend and I were just talking about this issue the other day. That kind of behavior from "fake Christians" comes off as misguided and even arrogant. It can indeed be galling.

April 24, 2007 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hypocrisy has always made me angry beyond belief. I have to believe that there is a special treat laying in wait for these assholes. I firmly believe in Karma, and know that the haters in the evangelical movement will reap what they sow. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, the downfall of this nation is, and will forever be, GREED. God as a profit center is what turned me off to oraganized religion decades ago. My higher power is enlightenment, and living in the moment. It's satisfying, free, and morally sound.

April 24, 2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Han said...

Thank you for helping us share this riveting story. The Truth will astound many! Many thanks for your support.

April 24, 2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

I'm with you Lynette. I just finished reading Chris Hedges' American Fascists and that movement is rooted in the churches. A fascinating read I highly recommend.

April 24, 2007 6:24 PM  
Blogger Elmo said...

Your an angel Belle! Your support really means a lot!

April 24, 2007 7:59 PM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

Hmm... I don't mean to be a spoil-sport, but... just who is this supposed to surprise? Anybody who would watch it knows it already, and the folks that don't want to believe it won't watch.

Also, I guess I'm prejudiced myself, but I don't see how being an evangelical lesbian would work (unless you were preaching... lesbianism. heh.). Being evangelical means that you have a mission to change others to your thinking/faith... which is exactly what straight people of all stripes try to do to queer people. Christian and gay, I get it, but Evangelical and gay? Please explain...

I'm so glad I'm a heathen!

April 26, 2007 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home