Thursday, June 07, 2007

sigh

Daddy is communicating by spelling words, as in "May I have some o-a-t-m-e-a-l p-l-e-a-s-e?" or "Shall we go o-u-t for p-a-n-c-a-k-e-s?" He's also making vigorous sign, though he's no ALS wizard and frequently becomes frustrated when his longsuffering wife does not understand.

Little Billy is all alone at the vet's office, still attached to fluids. He has not thrown up or pooped anything painful and horrid all day. Vet told me he "is not going to die, I'm actually feeling good about his progress." Then he gave me a weird look and said "think positive," but when it's raining fucking toads, who knows what's next? He probably didn't have a grandmother who would shriek "quit laughing, something bad will happen!" Easy for him to think positive.

I am so tired I think I may implode, having had six hours of sleep in the last 72 hours. Regardless, I am going out to my favorite chair and I am going to watch one of the loves of my life, Jon Stewart, even if I have to prop the eyelids up with toothpicks.

I am so grateful for your kindness expressed here in thoughts and prayers and commiseration. Amazing to get that from this flat glass and metal thing that sits on my desk. Hugs and nighty night to all of you.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news! I have been worried about you for the last 72 hours as well, and I haven't slept well either (but that's because of my guilty conscience from work issues). Hope they both continue to mend, you stayed awake for your man Jon, and the financial crisis is over. If not, I will find your store on e-bay and buy something really fucking expensive and old. : ) !

June 07, 2007 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things continue to look up for ya'll. I am sending a virtual cup of hot tea, and a handmade crocheted blanket. All the best dear!

June 07, 2007 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmm Jon Stewart - ever since he's been on TV (and I think he started on Talk Soup) he makes me do unspeakable things! That man is lusciousness all over. Smart, witty and funny too - ha! No one has understood my crush on him.

Glad to hear about your Dad, but sorry to hear you haven't slept.

Cindy in CO

June 08, 2007 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home