Thursday, June 07, 2007

thank you . . . and

Now it's the dog. Daddy's okay. Heart rate dropped to 24 before surgery. Seems to have had a little bit of a setback with the dementia, but hoping, hoping it's just the stress and being away from home. Sleeping in a chair sucks. My papa is a trickster, having sent me away at 3 a.m. to get a blanket "because my arms are cold." After I covered him up, I managed to briefly close my eyes before startling awake to the scriiiiiiiiiitch of velcro fasteners being undone. He only wanted a blanket to cover his efforts to undo the brace holding his arm down. An 89 year old bad boy, my sweet daddy.

But the dog? Does it ever end? I get back to find the dog ~ little Bill ~ scrawny and vomiting everywhere, bloody poop. We're at the doggy ER most of the night, now back to the regular vet at 8:00 a.m.

But I meant to say thank you for your kindness and your prayers, so much appreciated. Now . . . well, the little dog is right up there among the top loves of my life. Here we go to the vet.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And your little dog too. My most positive thoughts to your whole clan, and your little dog too.

June 07, 2007 8:32 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

You are not in Kansas anymore. I'm glad your dad is okay and will also send up a prayer for your little dog. When it rains it pours. Is snowing here.

June 07, 2007 8:39 AM  
Blogger evilganome said...

Girl, if it ain't one thing it's another. Is there something in the water or what. All sorts'a people are having a tough time of it lately.

Hope Dad continues to improve and good luck with the puppy.

June 07, 2007 9:13 AM  
Blogger Dennis said...

I'm happy that your father is doing well again. Feistiness is always a sign of recuperation.

I've had a sick dog the last few days too. I sympathize with both the bother of dealing with it and the sheer agony of a pet being ill.

June 07, 2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Wow what a week. You'll be in my thoughts once again.

June 07, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Willym said...

glad to hear about Belle's Bad Boy who sound like he's on the mend. You can't keep a good man down!

Not Bill - oh Lady - you know how I feel about dogs - so again the thoughts and prayers are more than there. One thing I know is that he will get the best care you can give him. Give the other babe a hug for me.

June 07, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lynette-
The aytpical and enduring silence had us most concerned. VERY happy to hear that Dad is well, and hugs to Bill.

June 07, 2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

Glad to hear that your father is better, and still up to his old tricks. Sorry about the dog; you'll find no aspersions about including our furry friends on your list of "favorite people." Rather, I worry about those who DON'T understand what godsend these little animals truly are. Here's hoping for the second major recovery of the week.

June 07, 2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger Vic said...

You have had a trying time! I am amazed at your ability to spring back and see the world in such a positive light. You are an inspiration!

June 07, 2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger dpaste said...

No rest for the weary. Sending positive puppy thoughts and wisdom to your vet. Glad to hear your father is doing well. I too was worried by the "radio silence."

June 07, 2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

Oh no....not the dog. I'll have my Mac join me in sending positive energy your way. And Mac has plenty of energy to send!

Glad to hear things are better for dad.

June 07, 2007 12:51 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

When it rains it pours, just try to breathe. Glad to hear your dad is better.

June 07, 2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger more cowbell said...

Ohno! I'm so sorry about the canine buddy. In one way, it's harder with the dogs than with humans, because we can't explain things to them, and they can't tell us what's wrong. Oh I really hope he's ok.

Very happy to hear your dad is doing better.

June 07, 2007 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home