Monday, July 02, 2007

supreme court injustice

Fine diary from DailyKos on the rightward, conservative turn of the Supreme Court by Robert D. Feinman. Read it and weep.

It's not conservatism, its support for privilege. The court majority consists of privileged men who either grew up that way or have managed to adopt this lifestyle and deny the existence of those with less. People have called attention to the lack of political experience in these justices, but it's not this that is forming their worldview, it is their denial of the possibility that injustice still exists for the weak. They are so far removed from the average person that they don't see the issues, or don't care to.

This is the arrogance of privilege and the lack of empathy. This is what "Conservatism" has always meant. It's time to expose it for what it really is.


Arrogance coupled with a lack of empathy = recipe for deeper divisions in this country. The real trick, though, is to delude the powerless and the non-privileged into believing the Court, this Administration, the Congress works for them. For that we need the wholly unbalanced lapdog media. God please get me out of here. Sorry, Tank, no good cheer today.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Vic said...

And this is Bush's legacy: Debt up to our ears and a young conservative supreme court. I'll probably die before these asshats.

Come take a quiz on my site, Lynette, and see what kind of liberal you are. Bet you'll score in all categories.

July 02, 2007 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elect a democrat for pres, and then send boxes and boxes of cannoli and fried foods to Scalia. See if we can heart attack him off the backs of the underprivileged. I hate these assholes worse than I hate W, and that is no easy feat. These justices are supposed to be above politics, not rubber stamps for the corporate elite and the wealthy. Just makes me sick!

July 02, 2007 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the Quiz, and I am a "Social Justice Crusader". Go figure...

July 02, 2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

The adoptive lesbian moms asked me what I thought about the Supreme Court over the weekend, and I said, "I hope you gals enjoyed that whole 'right to vote' thing while it lasted." They were not amused -- but they saw my point.

Tater, I'm envious of your liberalness. I'm a "Peace Patroller," which is cool -- but I like the sound of "Social Justice Crusader." Which bumper sticker did you pick? I had a hard time with that question; I loved them ALL.

July 02, 2007 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home