Wednesday, August 29, 2007

she can hear!!

My little deaf dog can hear! Miss Betty woke up from a sound sleep, barking and looking around after I pinched Bill's neck in his collar. The resultant yip from Billy was of an unusually high pitch and it apparently got through to Betty. I have been thinking for some time now that she could hear some things. Just occasionally, she'll jump and start barking when there's a particularly loud and high-pitched noise. My sweet puppy is healed, though I can still stand behind her and holler and she's oblivious. I wish she could hear me when I whisper in her ear that she's my sweet girl, that I love her madly.

On another note, the darling Dusty of the blog It's My Right to be Left of Center invited me to participate in a blog called The Sirens Chronicles. So I put today's post over there, where I've written about the delicious reaction of the GOP to Senator Larry Craig's exposure as a liar and a hypocrite.

These last few days, I've been feeling like a little cherry wallowing around in a vat of milk chocolate. Delicious, divine, tasty. It's sweet to see a right wing asshat get his comeuppance. I recommend comeuppances for all Washington thugs, in both parties. It just seems like there are so very many to choose from among the party of family values.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger dpaste said...

Have you tried a high-pitched whisper?

August 29, 2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As a dog and cat rescuer I have taken in blind cats and abused dogs afraid of their own shadow. It makes your heart sing when you see them come around doesn't it?

Your one fantastic writer BaB and we at Sirens are proud you joined us :)

As for Larry the Hypocrite..this is delicious indeed watching that fuckwit squirm.

August 29, 2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

My dog went deaf during the last four or five years of her life, but she knew how much I adored her -- they get it. Glad she's got some hearing back.

As for the Sirens -- congrats. I will *not* be adding them to my blogroll, because I can't keep up with it as it is -- so *do* let us know when future posts are published there so I can pop over from here and read 'em!

Cheers ...

August 29, 2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

My dear chocolate-enrobed cherry:

I understand the gleeful feeling. What I'm pissed about is a relatively minor (though deliciously hypocrisy-revealing) sex scandal like this often overshadows the true evil crimes that continue to occur in Washington.

I hate sting operations with a passion... even when they net hypocritical assholes who make a career out of demonizing gays and buying into all kinds of other conservative evils.

August 29, 2007 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give your little Betty a kiss from me, and like David says, whisper your love in a high pitch!

August 29, 2007 3:12 PM  
Blogger M. Knoester said...

It's obvious, you'll have to whistle your love to her.

August 29, 2007 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been hugging the puppies a lot ever since michael vick's been exposed for a murdering bastard. the puppies like to watch TV with their dad and they always bark like crazy at horses and dogs. when they saw some of those pitiful fighting dogs, they didn't bark at all. isn't that odd?

SK, i think you've hit it, honey.

Joe, you're right. it distracts. but it's just so satisfying. not as satisfying, true, as if bush and cheney were marched out of the white house in chains. but we take what we can get and surely the noise will die down and we'll get back to bush's misdeeds.

you know there's been some question about who exposed this guy. wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone in the bush admin, trying to distract from more talk about gonzalez.

"chocolate-enrobed cherry" cute!

August 29, 2007 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home