Friday, November 07, 2008

barack obama is a potty mouth

I don't know why this gave me such a fit of giggles. I haven't been able to quit laughing about it, in between the continuing bouts of tears when I think of what happened on November 4. But I love this . . . how utterly refreshing to actually hear that he was annoyed by the stupidity of our electoral process. Barack Obama, on the stupid fucking questions asked in the debates:

"When you're going into something thinking, 'This is not my best ...' I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me ... answer it.' Instead of being appropriately [the tape is garbled]. So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I fucking changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."


Much more on this unusual and brilliant man from Newsweek . . .

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Somtimes ya just have to say what ya gotta say...even if you're the prez!

November 07, 2008 12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lynette,

Go here:

http://change.gov/

It's the website for Obama's Presidency. He wants us to talk to him.

I was awestruck that he had the site created. It says volumes to me.

As for his language..I love it!

November 07, 2008 3:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I was blown away by the website as well...I just got a thank-you letter back when I sent an e-mail before the election!! This will be even better!!!

November 07, 2008 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope so very very very very much that the change that he speaks of will be short in coming, and wide in it's effect. I know he's a brilliant and effective man, but I know those qualities in any political figure can be dilluted by the people they surround themselves with, the media, and even by our own perceptions.

I truly look forward to seeing this man, and this country, awaken to all the new possibilities that we all hope for.

November 08, 2008 12:47 PM  
Blogger Tate said...

I love it! What a juxtaposition he creates by being normal with the language, while being such an eloquent speaker, and a shining beacon of hope. I have faith that things are going to be so much better with him at the helm. What a mensch, and what an admirable man. By the way, I got to meet his wife and kids during a photo shoot for the Art Smith cook book in Chicago. Great family, and very photogenic.

November 08, 2008 11:35 PM  
Blogger David said...

Just when I thought my Obamalove couldn't get any bigger...

November 09, 2008 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its been talked about in different circles that we should have a National Gay "Sick Week Walk Out". In other words every single Gay person in America call in sick for a week. It is suggested the week of Dec 15-19. Think about it. What industries would be crippled if Gay folk simply didnt come in to work for a week? We know its just before Christmas, but what better time to make our point?

The word needs to be passed and passed fast. Please help. Thank you.

November 10, 2008 1:59 AM  
Blogger dpaste said...

So thrilled to see you posting again! Hopefully your spirits are up thanks to the miracle on 11/4. Yes, No on 8 sucks monkey dick, but we will beat them eventually and then it will be even sweeter. Joe Eric and I will be out and proud at the Mormon temple in midtown tomorrow night, watch for us on the news!

November 11, 2008 10:08 PM  
Blogger bj said...

ahhh,I LOVED reading that, too. It also makes my theory that he WASN'T disssing Hillary when he said "you're likable enough" - I think what he wanted to say is "what the fuck does THAT have to do with anything - any SERIOUS questions here,folks?"

November 12, 2008 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe I'm going to have LOTS of chances to "chuckle" the next few years as he responds to questions from airheads getting PAID to be airheads. I'm looking forward to it in many ways.

November 12, 2008 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't checked your blog in a while, just popped over from JMG and noticed your About Me changed. Honey, did you display your flag backwards on purpose? The blue is always in the upper left corner.

All the best, from another southern gal.

November 16, 2008 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home