Wednesday, February 28, 2007

this makes me want to puke

This jackass ~ Michael Savage ~ has eight million listeners a week.

"I want to puke when I hear about a woman married to a woman raising children because, frankly, I think that it's child abuse to do that to children without their permission. What does a child know? Ask them when they're 16 whether they want to be raised by two lesbians or two men. What are the two men doing behind the other wall? You think the children don't hear it?"

WTF? I worked with kids and families for 16 long years and I can say with certainty that the most important thing kids need above all else is to know that they are loved and protected and safe. Food and housing are good, but kids can live through a lot if they are loved. Unless we bring up kids in an atmosphere of hate, I doubt there would ever be any question about why Billy has two mommies and Suzie has two daddies and Jack has one of each.

Media Matters has contact information for this asshat and an audio clip. Surely some man, somewhere, has done this guy?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This issue burns me up, because it is a personal one that hits home. The ignorance of people, and their unwillingness to look at facts, angers me to no end. Mr. Savage would be a welcome guest in my sister's home, where her and her lesbian partner are in the process of raising better than normal kids. FOUR of them. My nieces and nephews, are kind, thoughtful, non-racist, non-sexist, non-homophobic, loyal and loving. They are all on the honor rolls of their respective schools, are involved in team sports and after school activities, and the oldest spent a month in New Orleans helping out hurricane Katrina survivors. I couldn't dream of having nieces and nephews any better than these kids. They aren't perfect, and sometimes get into a scrape or two, but in my eyes that only brings them down to the average area temporarily.

The only trouble these kids have had in their small town Wisconsin community, have been from the Christian PARENTS. When they found out their kids were good friends with kids raised by "evil lesbians", they demanded that the friendships be terminated. When some of these kids refused to disavow their friendships, they were pulled out of classrooms and home schooled. I ask "who did the damage here?" Who provided the poor example to the children in that community?

My evil lesbian sister is a social worker, and provides Hospice care to the community. She has selflessly helped these very same people through the deaths of their cherished loved ones. She has changed not a few of their opinions on the subject of prejudice. I love and admire her, and would kick the snot out of anyone that said an unkind word about her within my earshot. Bring it Mr. Savage, BRING IT!

February 28, 2007 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrr, I hate when people talk about how being gay is a sin or how gay people shouldnt be allowed to raise children and Im not even gay so I cannot imagine how it hurts the people who are! This is a country where they have "The Bachelor" and "Who wants to marry a millionaire" Marriage isnt as sacred to America as the goverment and most people want to believe. Who cares what the sexuality of childrens parents are, Id rather know that a child grew up in a loving, understanding home where their parents love each other (and HAPPEN to be of the same sex) than in a broken home, where the parents barely acknowledge each other. "In the best interest of the child" right?
Anyways, Im sorry to rant and I have so much more to say lol but your blog is inspiring! Keep your head up.

February 28, 2007 5:13 PM  
Blogger Vic said...

Isn't it a great country that allows scum like Savage to spew their bile and live? Who made him the holier than thou expert? He's a legend in his own mind and I'm willing to bet he's got a tiny penis.

March 03, 2007 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home